- 500 g boneless higher-welfare chicken breasts
- 4 courgettes , sliced very thinly lengthways
- 6-8 skewers or sticks of fresh rosemary , lower leaves removed, tips kept on
- For the marinade
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lemon , zest and juice of
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
If you’re cooking for a load of friends, or for a party, these kebabs will do the trick. They are so easy to make and damn tasty. Marinated in a blend of spices, they can be grilled, chargrilled or cooked on the barbie. Make sure you check out my recipes for fish and lamb kebabs as well!
Cut the chicken into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes and place in a bowl. Blanch the courgette strips in salted boiling water for 30 seconds then drain and allow to cool. Blitz all the marinade ingredients (except the olive oil) in a food processor, then loosen to a paste with a little olive oil. Add the marinade to the chicken pieces and mix well. Allow to sit for up to an hour. Then weave the courgette strips in between the chicken pieces on the rosemary sticks or skewers. Grill for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked. Feel free to cut a piece open to check if they’re done.