- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 clove of galic
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 125 g softened unsalted butter
- 1 lime
- 2 x packs of Created with Jamie Crunchy Cajun Chicken Fillets
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 apple
- ¼ small red cabbage
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 corn on the cobs
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Deseed and finely chop one of the chillies, then peel the garlic. Pound the chopped chilli, garlic and a pinch of sea salt together in a pestle and mortar until you have a paste, then add to a bowl. Add the butter and a pinch of pepper, finely grate in the lime zest and mix well, then place in the fridge to firm up.
2. Cook the chicken according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, pick and reserve half the coriander leaves and finely chop the remaining half, then finely slice the remaining chilli.
3. Trim and peel the carrots, trim the zucchini and coarsely grate both along with the apple and cabbage. Tip into a large bowl, add the yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, then squeeze in the lime juice. Mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper, add the chopped coriander and a little more lime juice, if needed.
4. Preheat the grill, griddle pan or barbecue. Remove the husks from the corn, parboil for 8 minutes, then
allow to steam dry. Drizzle with olive oil and cook on the preheated grill for around 10 minutes, or until lightly charred, turning regularly. Remove the corn from the grill and melt a small knob of the chilli butter onto each.
5. Serve with the cooked chicken and a dollop of slaw, then scatter with the reserved sliced chilli and coriander leaves.
Jamie’s Tip: The zesty chilli butter is delicious melted over all kinds of veggie and meat dishes. Dollop the remaining butter onto a sheet of greaseproof paper, roll up into a log shape, twisting the ends like a Christmas cracker. Pop into the freezer, and use as and when you need it.